Your Privacy Rights
We always welcome your questions and feedback. For privacy-related issues, please contact us at:
PO Box 3624
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-0556
Information We Collect
We may collect information (including name, address, telephone number, email address, transaction information, and credit card information) when you:
- Register for a conference on our website.
- Purchase an additional conference session such as a meal or computer workshop on our website.
- Purchase a physical object such as a printed syllabus, tote bag, or thumb drive using our website.
- If you choose to provide additional information, such as ancestral names and towns, genealogical organizations to which you belong, haplogroups (DNA), genealogical experience, etc. using our website.
We maintain the data that you provide us, along with a record of your purchases, in a secure database.
Using Information We Collect
At IAJGS, we always want to provide you with the best possible experience and provide exactly what you’ve requested. To do this, we collect information that allows us to:
- Process your order.
- Schedule meetings.
- Provide the services you request.
- Inform you of additional IAJGS services and events and local JGS events.
- If you choose to provide additional information, it will be used to facilitate connections through a secure online Family Finder only accessible by other registrants (both in-person and online via IAJGS LIVE!).
Information We Share with Others and Your Privacy Rights
- We contract with other companies to provide certain services, including maintaining the conference management database and payment processing. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than IAJGS.
- We do not share email addresses for any marketing purposes.
- On rare occasions, we may disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
- A cookie is a small data file stored by your web browser on your computer.
- Cookies enable you to maintain a secure connection to our website and to place orders.
- Cookies may enable you to more quickly re-enter information into forms on our website.
- You can delete these cookies after completing your connection to our website if you wish.
It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you or received from a partner. We use a variety of current technologies and processes for protection of our customer data. We limit the information we provide to outside companies with whom we contract to only what they need to carry out their responsibilities. It is our practice to use encryption whenever we receive or transmit sensitive data.
Privacy of Children on Our Website
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.